Terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by GranCanariaBoatTrips and contains material which is derived in whole or in part from material supplied by us.
The material on this site is protected by international copyright and trademark laws.
You may not modify copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any material from this site including code and software without express permission from GranCanariaBoatTrips or as permitted in Reprint Requests.
You may download material from this site for your personal, non–commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
All content and images contained in this web site are the property of GranCanariaBoatTrips.
GranCanariaBoatTrips also specifically disclaims any warranties, endorsements or representations regarding any merchandise, information, software, products or services provided through the Internet.
Any information submitted to GranCanariaBoatTrips through the feedback utilities in this site will be considered non–confidential and GranCanariaBoatTrips reserves the right to reproduce such information and/or disclose it to other parties without restriction.
(1) Company name and address: Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L., CIF. B76288430, Calle Mediterranea num. 2, numero 26A, 35100 Meloneras, Gran Canaria Canary Islands / Spain, phone +34 871 575 674
(2) Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. – hereafter Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. – operates a booking platform for touristic excursions, tours and activities under the domain www.Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L..com. Visitors of the platform can browse offers of providers of touristic services and make bookings on this platform. In this process, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. acts purely as a broker between the visitor of the platform who is making a booking (the customer) and the provider of the service. Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. is not a contracting party in the contract between the visitor/customer and the provider of the touristic activities and services.
(3) Only the following terms and conditions in their current revision at the time of each booking shall apply. Other, potentially conflicting terms and conditions of both the visitor/customer as well as the provider shall not apply.
2 Booking process
(1) The presentation of the products and services on the Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. booking platform does not constitute a legally binding offer to conclude a sales agreement but rather a nonbinding online catalogue. By clicking on the button “place order” the customer / visitor is placing a binding order / booking for the tours and services in the shopping cart and confirms the accuracy and correctness of the provided data.
(2) Upon successful booking and payment, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. immediately confirms the receipt of the booking request and the payment by the customer with a confirmation email and informs the provider of the booked tour or service of the request.
(3) From this point of time onwards, the provider has a maximum of 48 hours to accept or reject the request. In case of acceptance, the contract between the customer and the provider is bindingly concluded. The confirmation of this acceptance and the delivery of the object of purchase (voucher for the provider’s service or offering) by email to the customer is the proof of the acceptance of the offer by the provider. In the unusual event of a rejection of the offer by the provider, no contract is concluded between the provider and the customer and Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. will refund the customer the full booking price.
3 Cancellation rules
(1) The customer may cancel the booking/order without giving any reasons within 14 days in written form (e.g. by mail, email, fax) or – if already received - by sending back the ordered items. The stated period starts with the receipt of these terms and conditions in written form, but no earlier than the receipt of the ordered items.
(2) If a date and/or a timeframe have been agreed upon for the booked activity or service, the above cancellation rule is precluded. However, our customer friendly cancellation rules as explained in §4 (7) still apply.
(3) In case of a valid cancellation, all payments will be refunded based on the rules and all received items have to be sent back. Refunds will be made within 30 days.
4 Provision of services: terms and conditions of the providers of touristic services
(1) The provider delivers the agreed upon services on his / her own account, responsibility and liability.
(2) The contract between the customer and the provider is concluded by the acceptance of the customer’s booking request by the provider (cf. §2 (3)).
(3) The customer is responsible for being at the agreed upon meeting point on time.
(4) The provider may require certain conditions to be met by the customer for the successful participation in the booked activities such as e.g. having certain drivers’ licenses. Theses preconditions can be found in the description of the respective activities and tours on the booking platform. The customer is responsible for meeting and adhering to these preconditions.
The provider reserves the right to refuse admittance to or to exclude a customer from a tour or activity if these conditions are not met. In such a case, the price of the ticket cannot be refunded.
If in doubt, we recommend to consult Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. and / or the provider for the exact conditions and requirements for participating in the activity or tour.
(5) Furthermore, the provider may refuse admittance to or to exclude a customer from a tour or activity if the customer may endanger himself / herself or others or by any other means interrupt or endanger the activity. In such a case, the price of the ticket cannot be refunded.
(6) The price as shown on the Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. booking platform does not - unless stated explicitly - include any insurance. The customer is solely responsible for ensuring an adequate level of insurance for the selected activity.
(7) If the booking has been made for a defined date and / or time and if there are no separate cancellation guidelines in the description on the booking platform or on the ticket, the following guidelines apply:
Cancellation up to 5 days before the start of the booked activity/tour: full refund
Cancellation less than 5 days before the start of the booked activity/tour or no-show: no refund
If the customer is unable to participate in a tour / activity at the booked date, the provider and Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. will attempt to find an alternative date for the customer in order to avoid a cancellation or a no-show.
(8) The provider may cancel a tour or activity on short notice if weather conditions, regulatory actions, or unforeseeable external circumstances make it impossible, dangerous or otherwise unacceptable to carry out the tour / activity. In such a case, the ticket price will be fully refunded while at the same time precluding any liability for compensation or other demands based on whatever legal basis.
(9) Furthermore, the provider reserves the right to make minor changes to the tour or the activity if this is necessary due to unforeseeable or uncontrollable circumstances.
(10) The provider shall be liable for his / her services according to the applicable local law. If admissible by local law, all liability shall be excluded.
(11) The legal relationship between the customer and the provider of touristic activities and services is governed by the applicable local law.
(1) Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. shall not assume any liability whatsoever for the services and products that are being sold on its booking platform. The services and products sold on the platform are sold on behalf of and on account for the providers of touristic services and products that are offering their services through the Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. booking platform. Claims towards the providers are based on the terms and conditions of the providers of touristic services as detailed in §4 as well as the applicable local law.
(2) All liability for damages due to computer viruses, spy software and other harmful computer software shall be excluded.
(3) Customers’ claims against the providers should be settled directly between the customer and the provider of touristic services and products. If a mutual resolution cannot be found, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. will try to mediate between the parties and check the customer’s and provider’s claims based on the provided information. If Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. deems the claims to be justified it will suggest an amicable resolution and / or reimburse the customer.
(4) Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. shall not assume any liability for damages due to Internet connectivity or access issues as well as power outages if these are outside of the control of Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. (‘force majeure’) or cannot be foreseen. As far as possible, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. has taken all feasible technical measures to prevent such issues from happening.
(5) Furthermore, in accordance with article 1.105 of the Spanish Código Civil Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. shall not be liable for any cessation, interruption or delay in the performance of its services in case of force majeure events. If affected by such an event, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. will notify the other parties without undue delay. In case the force majeure event exceeds three (3) months, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. as well as the other parties are entitled to withdraw from the contract. In this case claims for damages shall be excluded.
6 Intellectual property and copyright laws
(1) All content of this website including design, source code, logos, texts, graphics, photos and other elements is the exclusive property of Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. or its partners and providers and is protected by the applicable copyright laws. The same applies to all trade names and brands as well as the logos on this website.
(2) Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. and its partners reserve the right to use the aforementioned content exclusively. You may not use the website or any part of it or its content without the prior written consent of either Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. or its partners.
(3) In case of a violation of these rules, especially in case of reproduction, distribution, usage, modification or any other unauthorized usage of any part or the content of the websites, Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. reserves the right to take legal action.
7 Place of jurisdiction and governing law
(1) The contractual relationship between Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. and the customer shall be governed by Spanish law. This shall not apply to local consumer protection regulations, that are binding in the country where the customer has his or her domicile. The provisions of the United Nations’ Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods ("UN Purchasing Convention") are not applicable to this contractual relationship.
(2) The contractual relationship between the customer and the provider of touristic services shall be governed by the applicable local law. In case of doubt, the governing law shall be Spanish law.
(3) The place of jurisdiction for all disputes between Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L., the provider and / or the customer shall be Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Spain.
(4) Information on Online Dispute Resolution (ODR): The European Commission provides an Internet platform for online settlement of disputes. The ODR platform should serve as a focal point for the extrajudicial settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations arising from online sales contracts. The ODR platform is accessible via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
8 Closing remarks
(1) The contractual language shall be English, if the customer made the booking on the English part of the Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. booking platform. Alternatively, the customer may also use the German or Spanish versions of the booking platform for the contract to be concluded based on the respective language.
(2) These general terms and conditions as well as the presentation and functionality of the booking platform may be changed by Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. at any time and without prior notice. The general terms and conditions shall apply as amended at the time of booking. A guarantee, that future bookings may be made based on the current general terms and conditions is precluded.
(3) For each booking made on the platform, we will save the current general terms and conditions and send them to the customer and the provider via email. The currently valid general terms and conditions can be found at any time on the Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. website.
(4) These general terms and conditions shall only apply to the website and booking platform and its content that is maintained and operated by Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L.. They are not applicable to links to websites that are maintained by third parties. Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L. has no influence on the content and function of these websites and rejects any responsibility or liability for the content and function as well as the behavior of the maintainers of these sites.
(5) These terms and conditions have been compiled and verified (in their Spanish edition) according to the following Spanish laws: law 34/2002 „de servicios de la sociedad de la información y comercio electrónico“, with the modifications in 56/2007, 28th of December „Medidas de Impulso de la Sociedad de la Información“, 2/2011, 4th of March „Economía Sostenible“, „Real Decreto-ley 13/2012“, law 7/1998 „sobre Condiciones Generales de Contratación“, „el Real Decreto 1906/1999 por el que se regula la contratación telefónica o electrónica con condiciones generales en desarrollo del artículo 5.3 de la Ley 7/1998“, law „26/1984 General para la Defensa de los Consumidores y Usuario y de manera específica“, „Real Decreto Legislativo 1/2007de 16 de Noviembre“, law „18/2012 de 19 de Julio , de Turismo de Las Palmas, Canary Islands“ and law „7/1996 de Ordenación Electrónica y cuantas disposiciones legales resulten de aplicación“.
9 Severance clause
If any provision of this agreement is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from this agreement and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this agreement, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of this agreement.
Gran Canaria, 24rd of November, 2017
Gran Canaria Boat Trips S.L.
Calle Mar Medirerranea num. 2, numero 26Aº
35100 Meloneras Gran Canaria
Canary Islands / Spain
Phone ES: +34 928 837783
Tax ID Spain: ES b76288430
All information provided on the webpages of GranCanariaBoatTrips, its affiliates and related companies is protected by copyright.
It is prohibited to copy, process, modify or commercially distribute this information without the express written permission of GranCanariaBoatTrips.
Because the information is not warranted, all liability for the accuracy of the information is expressly excluded.
The use of the web pages of GranCanariaBoatTrips are at your own risk.
The information is provided as is without warranty of any kind including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and course of dealing or usage of trade.
The information, software, products, and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies or errors.
Changes are periodically added to the information here in GranCanariaBoatTrips, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes on this web site at any time.
GranCanariaBoatTrips and its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers make no representations the suitability of the information, software, products, and services contained on this web site for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering for sale of any products or services on this web site does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services by GranCanariaBoatTrips or its affiliates.
all such information, software, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind GranCanariaBoatTrips, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and no infringement.
In no event shall GranCanariaBoatTrips, its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of this web site or with the delay or inability to use this web site, or for any information, software, products, and services obtained through this web site, or otherwise arising out of the use of this web site, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if GranCanariaBoatTrips its affiliates, and/or their respective suppliers have been advised of the possibility of damages.
Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.